Saturday, January 22, 2005

Sleeping to dream

The day had seemed like a dream. I was floating most hours and forgot that I was actually awake.

I have days like this ( about three days out of the week) where I would answer my ringing phone and wondered to myself, " Did I call them, or did they call me". I was in a day dream perhaps and picked up the phone unaware that it was actually ringing in reality.

So it's way past midnight and you know what? It felt good staying indoors. It was blistering cold out and my little leather jacket just could not take the journey from the Bronx to Brooklyn or Manhattan tonight. The original plan was to meet up with my sis milly at her house, to watch sci-fi "night of premiers". Yes, I'm a big Stargate SG1 & Atlantis fan, but as I stepped out to smoke a cig, I felt the cold in all it's glory.. Oh no, it's nothing like the 50 something below Zero Minnesota was feeling this past week, but it was cold enough to keep my black ass in the house.

I miss Minnesota though. It was beautiful. Much slower paced and friendly. Camping out with my friends or Ice fishing on the lake. It's something out of a story book. I had moved there to concentrate on my studies (I was doing really terrible in NYC) and even though I had yearned to see New York again, I was hesitant once I left Minnesota. So hesitant that instead of driving to Nyc, I drove to Ft. Lauderdale. I stayed there two years.. Two horrible years..

Anyway, as I walk around indoors, it's frigid and grey. I said to myself.. "where the hell in Summer man?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Farrah Phoenix