Sunday, January 16, 2005

Caught Between Two Blogs

I've often wondered if anyone really reads this. As if my back ground pic wouldn't come close to the other Template savy users. I've chosen this 'NYC at night' backdrop as how I see the city, at night. And now that the weather is not so great, I walk the streets with my head burried in my scarf as I make my way to Dillons Lounge. I've become a regular 'Jane' there at night because my sister works her magic there. It's like Cheers really, where everyone knows my name and I can't seem to remember any of theirs. I took my bestfriend Abby there friday night for some good ole drinking.. Suffice to say that she got piss drunk by the end of the night, or was it the beginning of the morning? Hmmm. So, the night starts out with me sipping an 'Oatmeal Cookie' drink. Wow, was that bad boy strong. It was so strong that even an hour later, I was still sipping that same bloody drink. I sat there feeling the buzz, I was swept away feeling almost nostalgic of times when I was too drunk to realize where I was and how I came to be there. I've toned down much since the days of underage drinking and I had assumed that others around me had done the same. Not a chance. I periodically looked over at abby to she how she was doing. Her eyes were getting lower and lower. Yeah she was feeling it. Inside I was laughing, she honestly never tries to control herself when it comes to the pimp juice. Poor thing, I've been there done that and I've got the sneakers.

As the night went on, Rich came through with his buddy Mike from BAASTAN!! (Booo hahaha Cough!). I met Rich through my sister a couple weeks back. Rich is in love with sis, I think it's cute, more like puppy love, Aww. So, as I made jokes and toasted to new unions, I looked over at Mike and was in awe. He boasted very thick eye-brows neatly trimmed (No Unibrow for this cool cat)and a button down shirt that would make the ladies so Ooo. We chatted it up mike and I, but I was concerned about abby, was she feeling a bit lonely? No way.. Alan, who is a regular at Dillons Lounge, found his way over to her and was doing some heavy flirting. He's darling. A sweet guy for a sweet girl, you know?!. He made a comment to me about her. "I really like her, she's pretty" he said. I replied, "I know, isn't she?". So, I'm on the side bar with my new BAASTAN! friend Mike and we're rapping old skool raps to each other (not rapping as who has the best come on lines, but real old skool rhymes. They were playing A Tribe called Quest), I looked so amazed as we stepped to each other finishing the sentences of rhymes to Biggies 'Big Popa' that he looked at me and said " what? you didn't know white boys could rap?". I gave him this blank look and we began rapping again. The words that we were spitting was from the old and the new, but inside my head I was rhyming my own stew. In my mind I was saying with rhymes

"Gimme tha mic so I can bring it back two times. I see ya scoping me from the corners of my eyes. Don't be skerd, you know I got you open. A penny for yo thoughts and two dollahs for a token. Step to me and you'll feel ya back breakin', no mistaking cause I can bring home the bacon. Rightnow, I'm not ya homie ya lova or ya friend, so watch what ya say to me or you'll feel ya neck spin. Oh no! Is this a crush that I'm feeling? Homeboy is stealing rhymes from the deceased and I'm feeling him."

We spent the majority of our time cracking jokes to one another. Once in a while my sister looked sideways to see us acting like Eric B and Rakim. Good times, but it came to an end when Rich was just too wasted to stay up so he had to leave, taking Mike with him (sucked). We said our goodbyes and that was that. I met a new friend and that was all that mattered. As he walked out the door I wondered, will I ever see hiim again? Maybe, maybe not..

So, it became that time where Em, abby and I should start heading back to Brooklyn. Since abby was still chatting it up with Alan, Em and I made our way to the back bathroom to do some yapping. I told her that I liked Rich and that I can definitely see them together, but she made it clear that she is still in love with another (Bummer). Maybe she'll see him in a different light soon which will benefit me. The more he's around, the more chances I get to see Mike, my new homie again.

Okay, so this is my stop.. I'm out
..


Dillons Lounge!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Farrah Phoenix