Friday, October 01, 2004

I'm Bouncing off the walls again!! Whoa!!

I've been much into my music these days..Trying to finish songs that have been neglected by my lack of remembrance.. I've seen so many musical performances these past couple of months and I have to say that each and every one of them Motivated me to try harder and do better, for I too would like to motivate others..

I haven't figured out which direction my music will take but I know that I would definately enjoy the ride it will produce.. At 26 , I figure it's the best time to do something like this.. I've grown up a lot since my attempt when I was 16. The songs that would have made me popular in those days would have made me an R&B hasbeen these days.. Even though I still have the Rythem & Blues in me, I have adopted the Folk, Jazz, Punk, Rock, Funk and everything else that makes music come together.

There is something great that happens when you have writers block. You sit in a crowded room listening to various artists and most but not all of them becomes your muse.. Their presence becomes more like poetry and you find yourself expressing this through music written down on paper. I've been living in a place where almost everything becomes your inspiration for a song.. From the summer time crushes to your best friend(s) broken heart..

2004 will be a distant memory very soon.. At the end of this year I will be 27, an age that will instill in my mind that I'm long past being here a quarter of a century.. In Five for fighting song kindly titled '100 years', it starts at age 15 and ends at 99. Where your life experiences becomes just page turners in the mind. Life goes by quickly, more quickly with each year you're here.. No one is guaranteed a reincarnation the next time around, so we better start making something out of this one..

So, I'll leave you with this.. When you're sitting in your cubicle yearning to break free.. Do it!!!.. If you starve a little, but realize you're happy while going your own way.. Live it!!!.. If a job that used to slowly make you want to shoot yourself becomes a rapid everyday thought... QUit IT!!!!!! Go make your life worth living..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Farrah Phoenix