Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Momentary Setbacks

I caught site of this unbelievable t-shirt.. It said.. "New York Fucking City" on the front of it.. To think that last year this time I was trying to get over having lost my place in Florida, getting dumped in the worst way possible (will not speak of how bad of a dump it was)and oh yeah! Being fired from a job that seemed to controlled every other application that I filled out afterwards.. I ended up packing my things into a storage unit in Delray Beach, Leaving my car with my best friend in Boca Raton and running back home.. I lost myself around this time..

I did not know what was to come of me once I stepped back onto NYC Soil.. I came back feeling like the biggest failure ever lived.. Curling up in the corners of my mothers house and hoping everyone would just pass me by.. As if life would have been better without me around..

Life has a way of rippling along.. Sometimes you catch the wave and sometimes it swallows you whole.. This was one of the times where it swallowed me.. My life wasn't the best, and it surely felt like the worst. I felt like I was looking through someone else's eyes.. Reliving what this person went through.. It didn't feel like my life. It didn't feel real..

Life is much like a book .... With a soundtrack to it.. Each month becomes a chapter and each song compliments the feelings of whatever's being written.. It took a while for me to come back to the world of the living... I wasn't sure I wanted to. Life's Momentary Setbacks can take you on a journey that can either make you find our lose yourself. I chose to find and listen to myself.. Though we are not in total control of our lives, we are certain that we will have those times where life just seems unbearable and empty. Life will always have those Momentary Setbacks. Hopefully most of us who go through the changes will dust themselves off and try again..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Farrah Phoenix