Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I'm going to conquor this Guitar..

I spent a good two hours practicing & learning the Guitar tonight.. My fingers are hurting because I haven't played in a couple of days.. I know that I shouldn't let a day go by without playing & to tell you the truth, I have no explanation. I do have the time.. I have this cheapo guitar. You know, the ones from ebay that you buy for like a penny.. As if I have money to buy a real one.. If I can just find someone who is willing to part with one of their's. It's just a wish.. LOL..

I dream about playing the guitar. One of my dreams is to play with Dave Matthews... His music has been with me since 1992. The other guitar playing dream is with Ben Harper.. He's just one of those greats, you know what I mean? Most of my dreams are about the guitar... It switches between other musical talents but I'll have to say that Dave Matthews would be the one that I'm aiming for... To play next to Ben Harper would be the icing on the cake. You really can't have cake without the icing.. You know!!!

So I will no longer take breaks from practicing. I want others to look at me 10 years from now with the same dream that I had. To play next to me. I guess that would also be my dream 10 years from now. I would like to be one of those greats..

Well, like I said.. My finger tips are killing me... BUT!!! I still want to play the damn guitar as I'm typing this shit... So, maybe if I don't fallout because I'm dead tired... I'll play some more..

2 comments:

Blogger oceanskies79 said...

Happy Playing! Practice will make perfect. I play the double bass, and I must say good practice, when one concentrates, really helps in improving one's playing skills. When you play with your heart, that is all that matters. And who knows, some good guitar player might love your attitude for music, and teach you without a single charge. Enjoy.

Friday, September 17, 2004 5:19:00 AM  
Blogger Farrah Phoenix said...

Thanks for the encouraging words Oceanskies79.. I feel the music in me & learning to master the guitar would help me a great deal getting it out. Concentrating is key :).. So you play the double bass? Wow.. I don't think I've ever seen that up close.. How long did it take you to learn & master it? I would love to learn the bass.. I think there is just something sexy about it.. Maybe because it's.. well.. the bass lol.. It moves you with just a tap of the string..

Friday, September 17, 2004 5:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Farrah Phoenix