Wednesday, November 17, 2004

VH1 Inside Track 2004

August 16th 2004.. Roseland Ballroom for the VH1 Inside Track Concert.#2
Maroon 5, Joss Stone, Jamie Cullum and Keane

Who was there? Farrah (me), Emily (my sister) and Jimmy (Friend and Vh1 graphic designer). How could I possibly pass up a free concert that consisted of Maroon 5, Jamie Cullum, Joss stone and Keane. Holy donkey punches.. Not only was it free, It was Open Bar baby!!! Yeah. Drinks all around.. The concert was awesome. Maroon 5 did there thing, and even though Jamie Cullum did his thing, I was a bit thrown by how short he was. I have to say that he resembles a hobbit.

For a small person, he sure has a big voice. He almost had me doing the running man when he broke out and started singing “Fronting” by N.E.R.D. I was like, WTF?. But it was all good. He hooked it up Jamie style.

Whoa! I got to see my crush up close and personal. Tom Chaplin from Keane. He has the sweetest face ever. He looks like he’s still a kid, and that voice.. Good Cucamonga that boy can sing. I felt my heart melt with each note he sang. No Guitar picking for these guys. They do it , Piano and drums style. I was going crazy singing and shit.. I never did that at concerts before. I’m usually composed, except for that one Dave Matthews Band concert that I took off my shirt.. Don’t ask.. .. Okay okay I was high.. Keane really did a great job. I was in awe the whole time.

So, there was a brief intermission where jimmy, my sister and I took a seat and decided to relax a bit. We must have been horse shitting around for about 10 minutes when Joss Stone came walking by with her crew. She’s a pretty young woman, but looking at her, I thought she was much older than me. She gave us a glimpse as if she was a little nervous and then made her way to the stage. The thing about real talent is having the ability to sound as strong as the record. I found her voice prematurely sultry. She is still a young woman , and thinking that her voice will only get stronger as she ages. WOW.

She was on stage doing her thing when I noticed the brightest face coming towards me. How could I pass this up. I had to say something. So I tugged on his arm and asked him if he was Gavin Degraw. That was a big 10*4. He gave the biggest smile that lit up the whole room. I was talking to him when jimmy thought it would be great to take a picture with his cell.. Crap.. There was no flash, so he couldn’t get a photo.. No worries, the way how Gavin politely hugged me will stay in my mind for a very long time. He spoke to me as if he knew me. He was so polite, you could tell that his mother had taught him well. Boy, the girl who gets him will be by far the luckiest person. Gavin wasn’t performing that night, he was there like all of us just taking in the music. I made my way over the bar where they were about to close up shop. Gavin was there with his assistant and his brother Joey. I was introduced to Joey by my sister Emily. He was really cool from what I could tell. My sister and Joey looked as though they were in deep conversation so I didn’t bother them. I turned to look back at Joss Stones performance and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Gavin doing the booty dance. Once again, he caught my attention. He’s got an ass. I mean a real ass. So real that he made my heart skip a beat when he did that move. Sigh.. WOW..

When we were about to leave, Joey walked with us out of the building. Emily and Joey were still in conversation, jimmy and I were acting like damn fools as usual. Before we said our goodbyes, Joey told us about a concert that Gavin will be performing at. I had my doubts about going because I had no money to buy a ticket, but I had a surprise for me a couple of days later from my sister about the Gavin concert. WOOT..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Farrah Phoenix