Wednesday, October 06, 2004

~DMB~

So lastnight as I nestled into my bed all wrapped in blankets, I had this thought.. Could I be worthy enough to hold a conversation with "The" Dave Matthews? As his music played me to sleep, I dream about days to come.. I would think he would be talking to me and all I can say is.. Wow!! As I'd be a starstrucked fool.. Would I be able to get out what I truly wanted to say to him?

"Dave, please tell me about yourself. Something that I haven't read in the magazines". I would pause to hear his answer and laugh at his response if it was funny.. I would pay close attention.. I mean I am speaking to my musical hero.. We would exchange words on our political views and I would ask him how he comes up with his songs and If he could rub some of that talent off on me.. He would laugh... Was he laughing at the fact that I asked him how he comes up with the music? Or is he laughing at the impossibilities of rubbing off his talents on me?.. Shit, I'll go along with him, humor him and laugh along.. I mean, I didn't mean it as a joke Dave.. Seriously, can you rub some of your talent on me?

It would be an honor to talk with him. To share a cigarette and visualize life from where he's standing.. I would hope that I would be comfortable enough to get as far as performing with him.. To share the stage with this entity.. It would be a musical masturbation. My hero comes onto the stage spitting forth linguistics so natural. I would miss my cue due to the hypnotizing music. Or would it be his smile? The death of me..
(He sings "I am no Superman,I have no answers for you.
I am no hero, That's for sure. But I do know one
thing is where you are, is where I belong")

( I look at him as a future mentor, to look at him
as if he's a superhero of Lyrics. I know that he
can not stop a speeding bullet nor leap to the
highest roof tops.. Yet, to me he will be
a Superhero of music)

When I was a little girl, my hero was Superman. You know the guy.. Blue tights and a red cape.. Then the 90s came. The 90s blew this music of folkiejazzyrock into my ear changing my musical hearing forever. It was mostly thanks to DMB. I still had my Superman, but now he was in musical form. He was a musical superhero.. As you can tell... For every year they are here... The musical power grows stronger, the followers grows larger. And lives that has never been touched by musical notes are forced to sway in unison. The once shy voices would rise in crescendo. It would be the greatest,safest sex ever known.. In the end you leave a DMB concert feeling the urge to smoke a long cigarette. Was it as good for you as it was for me?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW Farrah Phoenix